FW: Lights

Here's another cool post regarding lights that was sent to me privately.  HTH to all those working on the same project.  Thanks again Kris.
Rich
----------
From: 	Tim Rayner

Here's an attached text file with a description of how to do the relaying
of your headlights.  It's not the most complete description, but it should
more than get you going.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me.
Andre Bjorkheim should be able to offer you a lot of help as well.
HTH.
Kris Rayner

----------
> From: Rich <emt@imcnyc.com>
> To: 'Tim Rayner' <trzracing@fix.net>
> Subject: RE: Lights
> Date: Wednesday, November 25, 1998 17:36
>
> Thanks for the help.  You mentioned you'd draw up a diagram for me on how
to wire it up.  I'd appreciate that.
> I put up a post stating that I'm going to do a 4 relay setup for my
"stock sealed beams".  Perhaps it's overkill, but it's like a computer, I
may upgrade in hte short years to come.  I'm trying to keep the cost down
to a minimum, by buying as little as possible, but not to skimp out.
(example: I don't need a Calvin Klein t-shirt for $50, when there are
plenty others for a fraction of the price)
> If you'd be kind enough can you write up a "recipe" on how to do this
task.
> If it's easier for you, my fax number is 718-661-2796
>
> Thanks
> Rich
>
> Unlike what most people do, I used the pre-existing headlight wiring.
Use the wire that comes out of the factory loom from the switch as the
relay signal wire. You then run power off of the battery for your power
source.  If you want,

> I can make up a simple wiring diagram to show how I did it. I think the
relays were about $11 a piece.  I also picked up some nice relay holders at
an auto air conditioning shop for about $5 a piece.  A/C shops usually have
holders and relays for repairing clutch circuits and all that.

> Some people recommend using 4 relays, two for each side, but that's
probably over kill.

application/ms-tnef