Re: Re: Engine not turning over...What can it be?

Real scirocco content at the bottom:
In a message dated 11/24/98, 12:11:12 PM, skerocdriver@juno.com writes:
<<
Well, Tosha (My twin, seperated at birth.) is allowed to be creative on
the formation of new english words. In fact, he is the one who allows ME
to be creative. (Only because hes older.) :)
              Shawn Meze>>

Well, I thought you guys said I was F. Scott's Evil Twin! I'm all mixed up.

But wait!, dreck is a real word. I can be much more creative than that.

And now, for some Scirocco content.

This thread seems to be a motor swap that was much more than a simple bolt em
up. This was a major conversion. So many things that are unproven in the 'new'
chassis. Simplification and Divide & Conqure are key here.

Q1. Is the fuel Dist. the same one that was on the '83 GTI? If not it may be
off in terms of fuel to air mixture. Still, unless it's just starving it
should catch a bit. ( I take you saying "it won't turn over" to mean that it
spins over, [starter works] but the engine fails to sustain on it's own. )

Q2. Are you _sure_ you have the crank, dist., and valves all at TDC? Pull
spark plug #1 as well while checking, to be sure.

Q3. Getting spark at the plugs?

Q4.  Getting Fuel out the injectors? ( the pump can run and return gas back to
the tank without the injectors squirting any. ) Pull one and stick it in a
jar, look for spray pattern. You can also measure flow rate based on amount
over time.

Q5.  Hrrrr, need to get my hands on it for the ESP to work.

Let me get home and look in the "How to Keep Your VW Running" book. Good 'Car
Won't Start...' section. I'll follow up w/ an email this evening.

Dr. FrankenBerk
everythings just one kinda system or another.