Re: G60 in a Rocco

In a message dated 11/24/98 4:30:14 AM Pacific Standard Time,
EurotekVW@aol.com writes:

>  In a message dated 11/23/98 11:38:16 PM Eastern Standard Time, Fly996@aol.
> com
>  writes:
>
>  > Does any one know how to go about putting one in ???
>  >  Mark
>  >
>  Don't bother. G60's aren't all that. Don't forget the HIGH cost of that
damn
>  charger when it goes,,,and it will go. I'm merely giving advice. Our shop
is
>  no longer big on that conversion so I just say try something else instead.
> If
>  you still wanna...go for it, good luck, and I hope everything goes well.
> Happy
>  Vdubbing.
>
>  Frank

This last Sat. I was hanging out with two guys from the Scirocco Club (Mk1) @
ND and Turbo Tim pulled up in a Passat wagon but was soon back with this
'fonky' New Beetle. The thing had this iridescent rainbow paint job laid over
a purple base.

The point became more compelling when he opened the hood to reveal a blower
sitting up on top of the engine- schweet.

Looked adaptable to A1's, if you dont require A/C or P/S, and maybe even then
who knows.

Tight little package but I'm sorry to say I didn't get much details for all
the ohhing and ahhing.

If your going to add something to an existing engine then charging seems the
way to go. If you can get a hold of a prebuilt 1.8 turbo then, more power to
ya.

TBerk