Re: G60 in a Rocco

Ok i MUST argue this one. The G60 Corrado has to be one of the BEST
engines to use for a transplant. What other engine can you easily,
and cheaply wring out 225hp,while still keeping almost the exact same
car weight?? The block is practically bulletproof, and arguably one
of the best stock engines available. Eventhough it is only a 1.8, and
those of 2.0 schooling will dismiss it because of this, to keep cost
down , sticking with the 1.8L is a good compromise. Now onto the
G-ladder. It is a solid, well engineered unit for what you can pay
for one. Used ones can be had for hundreds of dollars. Don't believe
the unreliability hype..they just don't grenade! Just do preventative
maintenence of the seals and cog-belt, and you'd have a reliable
+75hp source. The mods to take a stock 150hp engine to 215hp is only
$600...what else can touch that hp rage for the price????

Yeah you can argue that a 2.1L 16v naturally aspirated engine can
achieve 215hp (ala Dale) but thats after speding almost 3x as much in
engine work, and now you're dealing with thin piston walls and a
shorter engine life and an all around less reliable block. If you go
VR6 just think of the $3,000 you have to spend to get 200hp,
then theres the enourmous weight and custom supports that will be
added, car will be undrivable unless you head strait down the drag
strip.

Ryan
Do the G60!! 215hp  in a 2100lb car ROCKS, you'llbe eating Chevy V8s
for lunch.