Re: Lights, Cheapo way out - 2 replies in one

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998 11:39:27 -0500 Chris Coracini <Coracin@usdl.com>
writes:

>mk2 sciroccos have four square, mk1 have four round.  i don't know if
>you assumed i had a mk1 or not...  however, i DO like the four round
>look of the mk1 over the four square look of the mk2.

***me too!

i've posted b4
>about converting to the four round headlights (for a mk2), but never
>really got a good response.

***hmmm, I think we have gone around on this one quite a bit. It's a
PITA. What kind of response are you looking for?

  euro lights for mk2 is the two big
>rectangles.

*** Euro Mk2 cars came with either 2 large squares, 4 square (just like
the U.S., except H4), or the 2 large square/2 small high beams
(traditionally referred to as "euro".

euro for mk1 is either those two huge square lights
>(which
>i think look hideous)

*** I agree they are hideous, and they were only used on base models in
1974. I think it is misleading to label these as "euro"  - as if most
euro cars had them.

, or what you said, the four round ones...  i
>want
>to replace the four square lights on my mk2 with four separate
>lens/bulb
>thingies.  i want better lighting, but i don't want the euro light
>look...

*** easy, get direct fit H4 lenses from the list vendors.

>chris
>>86 16V scirocco
>
>--

Mark . . .   (THINK VW) keep the non-VW posts to yourself!
Scirocco 1982, Golf GT 1987
Scirocco 1978
Scirocco S 1980 (?)
Previous Sciroccos: 1981S (RIP), 1980S, 1975TS, 1975
http://home.t-online.de/home/SCIROCCO2/mark.htm