Re: Brakes (tech) Slotted vs X-Drilled

In a message dated 11/21/98 9:11:50 PM Eastern Standard Time, aventari@cts.com
writes:

> Something i find interesting is that NASCAR uses the slotted rotors
>  >instead of the cross drilled.
NASCAR uses drilled rotors on the big tracks like Talledaga because of maximum
cooling. On tracks like Watkins Glen, they use the Slotted one because there
is such heavy braking. The drilled rotors tend to crack under severe
conditions. Scirocco's and rabbits are lightweight cars and unless your car is
a bonified race-only car, you should have little or no trouble w/ drilled
rotors. Very rarely do we see cars come into our shop that have cracked their
drilled rotors. We even drill our own rotors. Just keep that in mind. I know
how everyone thinks they are so hard on their cars, but let's face it, It's
only for limited periods of time. Nothing like the rigors of real racing. Even
Auto-Xing only lasts a minute, or less. Peace out.

Frank