I took my rocco apart- now what??

I noticed that my car had broken all four CV boots, so I decided to go ahead
and replace the boots so as not to hurt the joints by running them with no
grease- so I took the struts out (installing bilsteins anyway), took the
brakes off (redoing them anyway) and took the axles out (after going to sears
and western auto to buy tools)
and I was looking in the bentley and found out I have to remove the CV joints
to install the boots. how much of a PITA is this, and anyone got any
suggestions?? the book says to clamp them in a vise and beat on them with a
soft hammer to drive them off of the splines for one end and to remove the
circlip on the other.

anything else I should do since I got it this far taken down? I will most
likely do engine mounts timing belt and drive belts as well.

TIA

Ken Neher
ES 4 85 Wolfie 8V
FS 4 93 LX 5.0