Re: Brakes (tech) Slotted vs X-Drilled

<<
 The drilled do both in they allow the gasses to escape, but it also
 increases the surface area of the rotor which acts like a heat sink and
 aids in the cooling process.
 Something i find interesting is that NASCAR uses the slotted rotors
 instead of the cross drilled. There must be something to it if those
 heavy racecars at tracks like Martinsville are only using the slotted.
 Even F1 cars (That ive seen.) only use the slotted. (I haven't seen many
 of the F1 cars brake setups, YET.)

 ............. After talking with many of the engineers the build the F1 cars
they told me on several occasions the cross drilled rotors snapped causing
some Very serious accidents. going 200mph and a rotor locking up would not be
fun. there are still a few that use the cross drilled but not many. im not
involved with NASCAR so i couldnt tell you what they use. I am involved in
Supertouring as well and Not to many of the drivers are using crossdrilled.
the Dodge team are not , Bmw are not, Some of the volvo drivers use Cross
drilled . Also the Surface area on a Cross drilled rotor is much less than a
slotted rotor.

 they kick ass. High speed exits from the freeway allow for some really
 late braking and the harder you push on the pedal, the faster you slow
 down. There's not even a hint of brake fade just this impressive feeling
 of raw braking HP.

Some people notice a big difference but 7 out of 10 of my customers dont like
the Atomic grooved rotors 1 complaint is after 2 months of use on the way they
drive the Grove is gone. I think if the Groove was Deeper it would work much
better and last much longer on the Track. so in my opinion its a Street Rotor
not a Race rotor.