Donate a kidney so I may Auto-X my Rocco or Why it is a bogus email

Re: Re: non-rocco: This is serious PLEEEEEEASE PLEASE   DON'T DELETE(fwd)

1st of all, excuse me because this has not one shred of Scirocco content,
rather it is for the greater good of the list and my felloww 'roccians.

Everybody already beat me to the punch with references to the Urban Legends
web sites, etc.

Let me lay a little paranoia on you as to what to do with these things and
why.

As everyone knows, SPAM is a MF. One way spammers get thier lists of email
addresses is to send out these emails, like chain letters or this piece of
dreck, and then pick it up again when it's had a chance to run around the
internet awhile.

In the mean time, just like a no-PestStrip dragged over an ant hill, it has
picked up all these emai address that seemingly well meaning people have
addedd to as they FORWARD it. The recipients don't want this stuff and they
don't want to be listed in all the headers that accumulate along the top of
this... you see my point?

Certain people get paid by being very inventive as they obtain lists of email
addresses. Replying back to SPAM directly often will just highten your
exposure because they now know you are a real live person behind the address.

Squash these things when ever you get them, send feedback to the senders to
squash it, and if you feel you must send it out, then at least cut & paste the
body of the text into a new message and Blind Copy the list of recipients.

Puff, puff, weeze, cough. Hmchrgh.

Thanks for my time on the soap box,
TBerk