Re: Re: Brakes (tech) Slotted vs X-Drilled

In a message dated 11/19/98, 11:38:31 AM, Roccet@aol.com writes:
<<We mfg
slotted Rotors with directional radius cuts . We use Brembo and ATE Blanks.
Cost for 9.4 90.00 for Vented . We charge 40.00 to slot if just slotting
exsisting rotors that are true. the improvement is significant. Sorry we DO
NOT cross drill .

I'm not in any position to plug or unplug this paticular company but the slots
vs x-drilled factions seem to be coming out in favor of the slotted ones.

Drilling seems to weaken the disks more, slotting allows the heated gasses
generated by braking to escape at least as well as holes do, although some say
just cutting a groove in the pads will work the same.

Hmmmm, my way to sway leans towards slotted rotors when needed to replace them
worn out stock units.

TBerk and his $0.02