Re: New

Gregory Wynn wrote:

> Well I just signed up for the list.  To start off has anyone ever taken
> apart completely a 16v transaxle.  The shops conclusion to the funny noise
> is that I am missing a tooth on the main shaft.  Over $600 in labor alone.
> Also if you have do you have any advice and did you need any special
> tools.
>
> thanks
>
> greg
> '87 16v

Hmm,  if you get a rebuild, then you should never have any
problems for the rest of the time you have the car, but
expect the price to be close to $900.  Or you could get
a used unit (look in the scirocco.org classifieds, MKI parts
I think, 2 9a trannies FS for $100 ea I think) that might
last (You never know with VW trannies).  There are a few
other trannies you can put in as well, not sure which though,
84 GTI?

Etrik