Re: Shop Story, the end

On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Iain Mannix wrote:

> If the less perceptive were not able to deduce, I'm the "someone" who felt
> compelled to forward the messages to Bill.  Anytime something is said in
> public - whether I read it in a newspaper or see it on the net - about
> someone I know, I'll most assuredly relay the message.  If someone came to
> me and said "please do not repeat this," I won't.  Simple.

As is your right....like I said...a big lesson learned.  No hard feelings
towards you or Bill.

> I found your "Warning to Colorado People" message to be offensive and out
> of line.  Bill Pichardo is not dishonest.  If you don't like people
> forwarding what you say in public, think about what you are saying first.

Again, like I said below, me and my big mouth, ;-)

>   A lesson learned about the power of the internet
> > and big mouths (mine in particular).
>
> One thing I keep in mind, particularly in Usenet, is who might be lurking.
> You don't know who is out there; neither do I.

Agreed.

> > I hope everyone will disregard my previous warning, I had had nothing but
> > good experiences with them in the past, and this situation just got blown
> > out of proportion because of mis-communication.
>
> Very true, and thanks for stepping up with the resoloution.  I appreciate
> it; while I don't work for Slipstream I know they are not dishonest.  Had
> you simply said "I had my car fixed & did not like the result," for
> whatever reason, well, hey, that's fine.  I've purchased services I was
> dissatisfied with, nothing wrong with that.  Calling a shop dishonest(and
> I realize you were "mad" or venting or whatnot) sorta rubbed me the wrong
> way.

I am willing to admit my mistakes, even though it is hard.

>  They are a good shop, and
> > know the racing end of things well!
>

> Yes they do!  I'd not take my car anywhere else.  Glad this got worked
> out.

I as well, it's too bad I created animosity over it, but as Bill himself
said, "Life goes on"

Eric