Re: [tech] pulling

In a message dated 11/16/98 9:38:49 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jason@scirocco.org writes:

> I had the same problem once on my Corolla-- and it was after I got the
>  tires rotated.  It pulled to the right under acceleration (violently in
>  1st, I might add), and then to the right under trailing throttle...
>  	I put the tires back where they were and it solved the problem... the fix
>  is to rotate the tires very often, and then strange shit doesn't happen to
>  the rear tires.. :)  Other than that, junk the tires and start out fresh.

According to my friend that worked in a tire and alignment shop... This is
known as radial pull.  This especially happens with tires that haven't been
rotated often enough and that are worn funny.  No matter where you rotate them
to, you will get some pulling.  Once a radial tire starts to wear funny you
can't stop it.  Keep your tires balanced, your car aligned and rotate often.

Happy driving!
-dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner