[tech][valve cover gasket]

So this may sound stupid, but I got my rubber valve cover gasket, but
how do I put it on.  Now I have not even looked at it, but I need my
car, and I don't want to take off the valve cover without being able to
put the new one back on. I don't have a spare cork cover.  Wich way and
how do I put the new studs in? TIA Once again sorry for the simple
question :-)

--
Jody Bailey
85 Scirocco 8v