Re: Synthetic Oil?

Yes it was Consumer Reports... I'm wrong (again). And I've been reading some
stuff in the past few hours and I've come to my own personal conclusion that
probably, in situations where a) the car is being started and shut off often and
b) the oil is being changed at intervals of greater than 5000 miles, synthetic
is probably better. I have no doubts that synthetic is superior, I just wonder
if the fact that it is superior actually translates into decreased engine wear.
I'm sure it's better under some conditions, and doesn't make any difference
under other situations. Me, I'm going to stick with petro oil until I one day
buy a new car or rebuild and engine right, and then I'll break it in with petro
and then run synthetic. For now, I don't have an engine that I care enough about
to make it worth it.
    -Josiah