Re: CV JOINT

I've heard VW parts places say this too.. I think they are a little biased.
I've run 2 rebuilt shafts for over 1.5 years w/ no problem. Best of all,
their lifetime warranty! Next time a boot rips, I'm swapping it out for a
good one for free! woohoo! Only cost $100 each

At 06:33 PM 11/16/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I have heard that getting a rebuilt CV for a VW is not a good idea,
because they
>actually fall apart pretty soon. Could be bogus, but I heard it from my
local VW
>guy (who, incidentally, sells rebuilt ones. But he also sells new ones).
>You can get a new CV joint for like $70. Brand new. That's the route I
usually
>go. And, like somebody said, get a Bentley.
>    (Of course, if you get a lifetime warranty halfshaft that's rebuilt,
and it
>ever screws up on you, you can just take it back, so...)
>    GL!
>    -Josiah
>    '84 GTi (away for the winter)
>    '86 Scirocco 8v (for sale)
>    '87 QSW (daily driver)
>    http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah
>
>LDSArchite@aol.com wrote:
>
>> Anyone ever replace the cv joint on an 86 roc? mine is clicking and i
need a
>> ball park estimate on the cost of replacement parts.... any info
appreciated.
>> thanks
>>
>> -tony
>> '86 roc- successful transplant patient ( 87 8v)
>>
>> --

Kevin Fry .:. 81 Scirocco S JH -- turbo soon to come!
      San Diego, CA
"If God had meant for us to use the metric system, we would've been born
with ten fingers and ten toes."