[tech] [grounding] -long

I know this is lengthy, but well worth it!!  Alot of people will benefit.
I'll need feedback from the list, my questions are at the end...

After reading all the mail of the importance of grounding, I went shopping for wires for my 87 2.0 16V. I hope I did it correctly b/c when it comes to electrical, it's a foreign language.  Before I begin, thanks to all of you b/c the car starts up  so much better!!

I cleaned all the contacts on the existing terminals and supplemented them with new wires.  So, the original wires are all there.  This is what I did:

1. Neg battery post to chassis:  4 guage wire running to the bolt holding the battery in place.  (BTW, a new Intersate MT41 with 650 cold cranking amps and 815 crankin amps installed last week)

2. Neg battery post to alternator case:  4 guage wire running to a bolt on the face(same side as existing wires are located) of the alternator case.  Unscrewed the nut from the bolt and attached the wire.

3.  Alternator case to chassis:  4 guage wire running from same bolt mentioned above (so now there are 2 on this same bolt) to a bolt on the shock tower which holds my Autotech sway bar in place.

4.  Neg battery post to Coil mount:  4 guage wire running to the bolt of the clamp that holds the coil in place . Drip tray comes off (tadaa...)to reveal a nut to the bolt.  I Noticed there is a flat black wire running from this same bolt to what appears to be a manifold nut or valve cover nut.

I cleaned up the contacts of wires for:
     "Pos battery post to starter"  and
     wire running from "starter to alternator".

My Questions:  (there's spaces so replying is a sinch!)
A1-  Voltmeter shows a steady reading of 12.62 between all mentioned contacts above.  I assume this is good, is it?

1- Is 4 guage the correct wire being used here?  Or should it be a wire with a "higher" number?  (I think that means using a skinner wire.)

2- Should I run a 4 guage wire from the "Alternator case to Engine block"?

3- Should I run a 4 gauge wire from "engine block to chassis", or is the one from the coil bracket to engine good enough?

4- Should I run a 4 gauge wire from "Neg battery post to Engine block"?

5- Should I run a 4 gauge from "Pos battery post to Alternator"?  I cleaned up the existing one really well.

6- Should I run a wire from "Pos battery post to starter"?  I cleaned this too.
If yes, should it be 2 gauge or is 4 gauge okay?  I can't find any 2 gauge near me.  New Dimensions sells it, but I'm sure it's pricey.

7-  Is this too much wiring being done? Do More? Feedback please

Thanks in advance to all.  As mentioned, the car starts quicker and better.  however, the RPM's  then surge up and down a bit.  Even stall sometimes.  Any comments?  Fuel delivery?
Next mission:  remove starter to remove solenid to get some white litho grease in there.  Someone mentioned this would be a great thing to do as well.  Is it?

Rich

application/ms-tnef