Re: Warning to All Colorado people

>IMHO, if this is such a great place, the owner will be kissing Erics butt
>trying to make everything right.

Well, i guess it depends on the situation. Like I said, I don't know Eric's
side of the story, much less Slipstream's. My guess is that there was
misunderstanding on both sides. Slipstream has never kissed my butt, they
just do good work, mostly on time (they call when they're late), and have
been fair in the couple of problems I have either been involved with, or
known about.

>Sounds to me like they f*cked up big time. The truly good shops step up
>and do whatever it takes to fix the situation.

Maybe so. Again, it depends on the source(s) of the problem. My one problem
experience with the shop was that, when I presented the situation, and
asked what the best way to deal with it would be, the owner came back with
a damn satisfactory answer. They paid for work that was potentially their
problem, and I paid for work that was my responsibility. I wasn't
argumentative with them, didn't threaten lawyers or refuse to pay my bill.
I didn't pay it immediately, simply becasue I told the owner I was
concerned about the work, and wanted him to suggest how to handle it. He
thought for a day or three, and came back with a proposal that was more
than fair.

>So I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Absolutely. I hope it works out for the best.

Rich
'87 16v