Front wheel bearings.

When I did the Ft. Bearings in the GTI, I made a little greaser for the
bearings. I saw one in a book that was really fancy, and modeled it
after that.  I bought 3 of those little zerk teats, a large nut and
bolt, and several various washers. In one of the largest washers (od
washer= od bearing), I drilled 3 little holes and put the zerks in it.
On the bottom I had a washer (od washer= od inner ring on bearing) that
fit there without blocking the bearings.
Take a little screwdriver and pop out the rubber sealing rings, and put
your washers on either side of the bearing, hold them in place with the
bolt.
Take your faveorite Synthetic grease and smush it in through the Zerks.
You can see the wimpy clear/white factory grease come out. When all you
see is the new stuff, its done. Wipe the excess off and pop on the
covers.

I have no idea if this affects longevity, but it should in theory. I
think its just one of those things that guys like us do... :^)

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen