Synthetic Scirocco and white gauge faces

Hi everyone,

Two things.  I did my usual oil change today with synthetic oil ...
decided for some reason that it would be fun to change my tranny oil
as well.  Synthetic transmission oil is fucking expensive, but I
figured ... what the heck ... so I splurged for two litres, and
dumped it in.  What a difference it makes ... I never thought going
to a synthetic tranny oil would help the shifting so much ... but it
does.  Second gear feels like silk now, and I can actually drop it
back into first without double-clutching or coming to a complete
stop.  I strongly recommended synthetic oils of all sorts to everyone
on the list.

Anyways, I am sick and fed-up with the high costs of white gauge
faces, so I'm making my own.  I slaved away on AutoCAD for the last
few nights (some of you will remember my wiring diagram I did a few
months back ... yes, I have toio much time on my hands), and have
come up with a design that virtually duplicates the VDO gauges.
Anyways, I'm off to some local print shops to see how much it will
cost to have these babies printed on a white self-adhesive plastic.
I'll keep everyone updated if you guys are interested.

Cheers,
-- Michael Helms

'81 Scirocco - the fixer-upper
'86 Scirocco - the daily driver