How low do you go.

I am fishing for opinions from the Mk1 crowd.

Over the weekend I put on Bilstein sports and Suspension Techniques
non-progressive springs.  I am running stock 84GTI wheels with 185-60-14
tires.  Before, I had ST springs on with one coil cut but it bottomed out
and the springs rattled around alot.  Now, the gap between the top of the
front tire and the fender is like 3.5 inches and the lower edge of my
Zender skirts is 9 inches off the ground.

It drives and handles great but asthetically it reminds me of one of those
old Eagle 4 wheel drive things.

Whats a guy to do?????  Sell all my old sets of springs and buy some
coilovers????  Get 16 inch wheels and 50 series tires????

Any opinion welcome!!!!

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop