Re: I HATE my wood grain!

At 02:00 AM 11/12/1998 PST, Pete Jacobsen wrote:
>Wassup!
>
>Anyone else HATE the wood grain panelling around the console and above
>the glove box? It may have been hip in 1980, but I wanna replace it with
>a solid colour instead, or maybe something like brushed aluminum...

I took out the dash in my '81 and just used spray dye to cover the
woodgrain.  It's worked really well so far.  I use Armorall to clean the
interior, and it hasn't hurt it so far.

The woodgrain panels are held on with clips; you *could* just take the
things off, but you'd be left with a big recess and a bunch of holes in
your dash.

Or, if you're only offended by the fact that it's *fake* woodgrain, you
could make some real wood inserts to go in there....<Heh heh heh...>

Carlyle Fitzgerald (Carlee)
'81 Scirocco