Re: [TECH][Fuel Injectors]

In a message dated 11/12/98, 2:22:57 PM, scirocco8v@home.com writes:
<<...How do I get the Injector's
out???  The Bently says just pull, but i reefed, and no budging these
things.  Am I suppose to turn or loosen something???>>

WHen I had trouble with this it was a '77. What I did was grab the body of the
injector with a pair of large needle nose pliers and place a cresent wrench on
top of the valve cover. The wrench prevented denting the top of the cover
while I levered the injector out.

If use something too strong, like vice grips to grab the injector you run the
risk of collapsing it

There is a injector removal tool you can get.

Basically, they need to be pulled straight out, no turning should be
nessesarry.

hth,
TBerk.