Re: Rally tire/Winter tire question

"Crane, Damien" wrote:
(snip)

> What will you be driving on?  If you have to go through deep snow, I think
> everyone agrees that Hakkapelittas are the best.

Yep, the Hakkas are phenomenol in the white stuff. At this point we have two
models to choose from, though. Go, with the Hak 10 design for deepest snow and
gravel usage. Use the the new Hak 1 for better ice, slush, 2-3" snow, etc. The
newer tires also have a stiffer sidewall, making it less squirmy on pavement.

Since I live in NJ, which has more slush  than really deep snow, I'm going to
pick up some of these in the 165/80/13 size. I'll mount them on some stock Mk 1
alloy wheels. What are they? -13x5.5" or 13x5"? Anybody know?

I recommend against the Blizzaks which are phenomenal on ice but turn into all
seasons by Spring time. That is, unless you're a weenie boy that likes that sort
of thing. :^)

(snip)

> Being a rally guy, I have an irrational need to be sideways,

Don't even get me started! Rally on, baby! Woo hoo...
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

"Next event is the Pine Barrens Express on November 21st. -an all dirt brisk TSD
through the forests of Southern New Jersey."