Re: Rally tire/Winter tire question

XXSpArCoXx@aol.com wrote:

> Oh to go on 14X6 inchers . .

A 13" fitment will be more effective than 14". Remember, narrower is better. A
165 width tire will handle better than a 175 -generally speaking. Skinny rims
also *help* the sidewall flex left and right -making the contact patch stay flat
on the ground instead of picking up on one side. Wierd, eh?

> Some people say Blizzaks and some say go all out and get Michelin Rally tires
> for snow and Gravel.Anyone got any Ideas. . ?

Yeah, forget about rally tires in the snow. That just doesn't work, kinda like
slicks in the rain. This is misuse of a purpose-designed tire. -not to mention
the fact that true rally rubber will cost you a bundle. I just picked up a set of
Michelin Pilot M4s size 175/70/14. They cost $135 each plus $15 each for shipping
from Sube' Sports in California. Jeez...

Buy some Nokia Hakkapalita 1s (see my other post) and call it a day.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

"Next event is the Pine Barrens Express on November 21st. -an all dirt brisk TSD
through the forests of Southern New Jersey."