Re: question for the list from a newbie

Hello there Rob- I'm over here in New Hampshire, and went to Hampshire College
last year, so, assuming you're going to UMass, we lived in the same town.
Anyway...
That does seem a bit much for that car, but it might be worth it if it's in
really good condition. Make sure the trans shifts well, the compression on the
motor is good, and the clutch is good. Brakes are always good to look at, all
the front end stuff like ball joints and tie rod ends, bounce the car to see if
the shocks are good, check to see if CV boots are ripped, check out the
exhaust.... all kinds of stuff.
    Good luck!
    -Josiah
    (selling MY '86 8v for $1200)