From: Tom Flynn <quad@freeside.fc.net>
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Was PS, now A/C
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 16:06:09 -0600 (CST)

Though there is little disagreement that A/C is
useful in warmer climates, I had a question about
the other issue of whether power steering was
strictly a luxury item, in the category of power
windows and such.  I was under the understanding
that you also gained the advantage of quicker
steering ratios when you went to power steering
over the manual ratio (at least, this is one of
the arguements I have heard on A2 GTIs such as
mine).  Even though the weight issue does come up
(plus with wider profile tires, power steering
becomes more practical at least for parking) once
underway, you would theoretically be able to benefit
from the quicker ratio with power steering. (is this
not true on Sciroccos?)

Tom Flynn

'86 GTI 8v -No Power steering myself

I represent only myself