Re: side moulding removal

To:            mmages@gie.com, scirocco-l@scirocco.org
From:          "dale witt" <dalewitt@express-news.net>
Subject:       Re: side moulding removal
Date:          Mon, 09 Nov 98 18:56:44 PST

Yea the key is to be VERY PATIENT you can do it without a heat gun
too with adhesive remover.  Just peel off the glue a little at a
time.   It took me hours to get all the glue off.  You also want to
make sure the car hasn't been repainted because you will see a ridge
where they taped it off.  ( I learned this the hard way)
IMO it looks so much better without moldings--just be careful who you
park next too.
BTW  It was the firts thing I did to my 16v when I got it
home

gl
Tony

I removed mine with a heat gun..........vvveeeerrrryyyy slowly.

dale witt
86.5 2.0 16v rocco
82 2.1 16v rocco