Re: Speakers : 6x9s : Rear Deck install

I just installed 6x9s in my '81.  The hatchback lifters were already really
weak, but they seem to be able to hold the extra weight of the speakers just
fine.  I don't know what the difference is in the newer cars in terms of the
strength of the lifters and the actual cover, but I doubt that the extra
weight will be a significant problem.

I was originally looking for a spare cover so I didn't destroy mine by
cutting big holes in it, but I ended up just making my own.  It turned out
to be really easy and took less than two days to finish (including waiting
for the paint and glue to dry).  The finished product looks (and sounds)
great if I do say so myself!

John Woodward: <http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~jwoodwar>
Macintosh EvangeLista (visit <www.evangelist.macaddict.com> for information)

THINK DIFFERENT!  THINK APPLE!

"Being a Mac user is like being a Navy SEAL: an elite group of people with
access to the most sophisticated technology in the world, who everyone calls
on to get the really tough jobs done quickly and efficiently."

"Apple is continuing to make complex technology simple and more
accessible--and people more productive."