Re: Weird and frightening happenings

I had about the same problem with my previous 86 GTI.
I change everything, both fuel pump, coil, spark plug and wires,
the starter controler (chip).. I was going to change the computer
unit that cost 1200$(CAN) but I took a guess to unplug the wire
on the back on the throtle body (was 8v engine) where it connect
the limit switch with the computer... I guess this switch is to
tell the computer that the throtle is full open and need a boost
in fuel mixture. Well did work, and I didn't have any cutoff after.
Had to ajust the mixture a bit.. but work fine until I tried to
plug it back, the problem came back too, so I left it unpluged!
Maybe the problem was the computer, or the limit switch that had
a bad resistance when the limit swithc was on.

Actually the problem was occurring only when I was with the throttle
full open, not below that point.

Hope this help you out to found the problem. Let me know ;)

/Joel

                                   ''''
                                   0  0
+-----------------------------ooO--(__)--Ooo--------------------------------+
                       VVV  ==fahrvergnugen===  VVV
                       WWW        Volks         WWW

         ---------------- FAHRVERGNUGEN FOREVER! --------------------
              The fact that I need to explain it to you indicates
              that you probably wouldn't understand anyway!
                                .oooO
                                (   )  Oooo.
http://www.info.polymtl.ca/~deejay\_)   ) /         deejay@info.polymtl.ca
Finger for PGP public key.             (_/          Pager: 851-JOEL
Key fingerprint = 74 87 D1 1A 64 0B E5 7D  D1 C0 22 D9 FD 61 4B C5