Re: Gas Tank Recalls

In case anyone is interested,

I have had my tank leaking for a while and had approached
a local dealer two years ago with knowledge of the recall.
I'm the 2nd owner of the car, but I don't have all its
history. This dealer claimed to check the records, which
they said showed that the tank was replaced years ago
under recall...so they wanted $800 for the job. Now, VW
of Canada tracked me down last week (like they did with
some others on the list) to inform me that the recall was
not performed on my car....these idiots are now forced
to replace it all for free....THANKS VW for tracking
me down. This is hopefully the first and last time
my car will be serviced at Kingston VW...I'm glad
I was patient and didn't replace the tank 2 years ago..
although I would have sued for my money and court fees..

Kareem
'88 16v