Squashed a Beetle

Yesterday morning, going to work, a yellow New Beetle pulls up next to
me on the left and we stop at the light.  I know damn well he wants to
beat me to the on ramp on the right.  So the light changed and we're
off...I was ahead of him off the line, got farther away in second,
slowed down in third (as he had a good shot of my taillights).  I waved,
he waved and pulled in behind me to the on ramp.  That's where 2.5 neg
camber on my front wheels kicked in...never saw him after that.  That
was fun.
On a related note, trucks and SUVs want to jam me on offramps and
onramps lately.  Maybe they're hoping for snow?  Whazzap with that?
I am also celebrating my first broken swaybar bracket!   I might be
getting (or making) some of those fancy-schmancy billet sets.  These
will come in especially handy when I bolt on my second Neuspeed bar
underneath the Autotech one.
--
Jim Buck
1990 Passat Wagon 2.0 16v