Re: ECU Info Needed

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998 15:01:46 -0500 "PC Handyman"
<pchandyman@earthlink.net> writes:
>Might sound stoopid, but here goes...
>

>    What will happen if I try to run my 16v with a set of 8v "brains"? I
>actually have it all hooked up, and the car runs. The problem is that,
as soon
>as the car gets warmed up, it will not run at all...
>
>(the car is an 83 cabbie, the wiring and brains are from an 88 jetta
cis-e, and
>the engine is a 1.8 16v. also, this frankenstein has yet to be driven
since the
>engine has been in, due to this prob.)
>
>any ideas?

Its always been my understanding that you can use the 8V box with the 16V
but the difference is that the fuel mapping is different and the rev
limiter is much lower. (and viseversa. 16V box on a 8V works too.)

Icky. I hate electrical crap. It sounds like you have another problem but
it might be related to the box. Not in as much as its an 8V box, but
there might be a signal that its not geting to the box so it shuts the
motor off? I dunno for sure, im only speculating. Is everything hooked up
right? Have you checked it 3000 times yet?

How about getting a 16V box and trying that? Is there a reason why you
have the 8V box or its a case of running what you got?

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and