Re: Seat jammed, cant reach peddals

On Thu, 05 Nov 1998 09:14:43 -0500 Stormer <Stormer@erols.com> writes:
>Hey,
>I was just working on the dash of my 85 scirocco when i moved the seat
>position all the way back so i could have more access to the steering
>column. Now the seat position is jammed all the way back., no matter how
>i pull on the lever i cant get the seat unstuck and plus since the seat
>is all the way back i am having trouble reaching the peddals What can i
>do to get my seat unstuck?

Prop up the lever and get behind the seat and push with your feet on the
bottom of the seat frame. it should come loose with a few grunts.
If a simple push doesn't work, then try pushing with alternating feet.
(left, right, left, right, left, right, left, right.)
This should help jiggle the seat free.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and