RE: ECU Info Needed

From:          Brian Honnold <bhonnold@pac-cap.com>
To:            Scirocco List <scirocco-L@scirocco.org>
Subject:       RE: ECU Info Needed
Date:          Thu, 5 Nov 1998 13:04:27 -0800

try using the 16v computer box.  I know those run richer.  As to why
your car dies when it warms up check the coolant sensor and watch
your timing.  cam & spark.  I had mine a tooth (or 2) off and it
would run for  a while then die.  the header would also glow....

hth
Tony

On Thursday, November 05, 1998 12:02 PM, PC Handyman [SMTP:pchandyman@earthlink.net] wrote:
> Might sound stoopid, but here goes...
>

>     What will happen if I try to run my 16v with a set of 8v "brains"? I
> actually have it all hooked up, and the car runs. The problem is that, as soon
> as the car gets warmed up, it will not run at all...
>
> (the car is an 83 cabbie, the wiring and brains are from an 88 jetta cis-e, and
> the engine is a 1.8 16v. also, this frankenstein has yet to be driven since the
> engine has been in, due to this prob.)
>
> any ideas?
>

> -Noah

It will only be half as smart and take twice as long to get everywhere.

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop