Re: Seat swappin'

uhhh, huh? oh yeah, carz...

I did switch upholstery as neal already said and the cover on the new
back is a tiny bit loose (saggy if you sit on it funny).   I attributed
the the looseness to my inadvertent tearing out of the stitching of the
cables in the cover that hold the cover taught.   Make sense?   I posted
a fairly detailed, reasonably clear, if long winded explanation a few
days ago.
There are cables sewn into the cover that attach to the frame.   While
trying to remove the cover I tore a few stitches for the cables out and
think I might have stretched the material too, but I didn't notice any
real appreciable, problematic difference in the bolster size between the
two seats.   Come to think of it, I believe I switched bolsters too (gad
so long ago, so many bottles of beer...)   If you notice the bolsters
not working, the seat frames are identical.   Just separate the bolsters
from the frame, they're glued on if I'm not mistaken, and put them on
again with 3M general adhesive, or any other upholstery adhesive.
Rubber cement doesn't work...
The pisser is, now that I got my seat all back in working order, one of
the springs popped, so now I have to open it all up again.