Cold Starting

  It is now getting pretty cold here in Cincinnati, OH.  The morning
temperatures
are only in the 30's.  Well, it seems that my 16v doesn't like these cold
starting
temperatures.  I am having no trouble at all cranking...and cranking.  The
engine
will turn over for about 5 seconds or more before firing.  Then, once it
fires, the
engine runs just fine.  I tried replacing the ground cable with a thicker
wire to see
if this could help, but it really hasn't helped the cold start.  Does
anyone with a
16v have similar problems?

Benjamin Harder
86.5 Scirocco 16v