Re: Engine addatives

> has more chemical knowledge about this, please share.  What I've heard is
> additives are designed for extreme conditions and stick extremely well to
> parts. . . they may end up clogging your system instead of helping.  If
> someone knows of some FAQ's or anything, please point me to them.
>
> Thanks,
> 'chung

I've heard the same about Slick 50...it has graphite or something in it
that build up over time...actually clogging the oil passages...I tried
Prolong because it didn't have the PTFE or what ever stuff in it..it did
make for smoother cold starts...but thats about it...it also came with a
bottle of their transmission treatment...holy cow did that stuff make a
difference..smoother shifts...car felt faster (Probably the same results
with adding synth)...

Thats my experience...

Eric

- --