Re: Engine addatives

On Fri, 31 Jul 1998 SailingFC@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 98-07-30 17:22:25 EDT, pennyz@ieway.com writes:

> I've tried DuraLube on a Honda and Slick 50 on my VW and a Ford V-6.  No
> noticeable difference at all. Nada, zip, zilch.  All hype IME(in my
> experience).

I tried prolong in my 16v when I first got it. ..oil was nasty, and I
couldn't get it changed for a couple days so I thought, what the heck.
Made a noticeable difference when the engine was cold.  Used to jerk me
around and do the power on/power off number on me.  Might have been the
knock sensor retarding things I don't know.  After I put it in, things
chilled out a lot when the car was cold.  I switched over to Redline for
the next oil change. . . trying to decide if I should stick the stuff back
in.  Seems like the good oils already have a pretty comprehensive
additives package that you shouldn't mess with.  Unless prolong has
something that is really different technology and is patented.  If anyone
has more chemical knowledge about this, please share.  What I've heard is
additives are designed for extreme conditions and stick extremely well to
parts. . . they may end up clogging your system instead of helping.  If
someone knows of some FAQ's or anything, please point me to them.

Thanks,
'chung

- --