RE: [help][brakes]urgent

John -

I swapped a 16v axle & brake package onto my 82 last fall. The e-brakes had seized, and I was able to confirm that by taking the rear wheels off, and beating the hell out of the levers that the e-brake cables hook up to. They didn't budge. Before proceeding to the beating the hell out of stage, you may want to loosen off your e-brake cables and ensure that they work, and use a pair of pliers to see if you can budge the levers on the calipers.

I even bought a Bentley for the 16v, but didn't notice anything about setting the prop valves or anything (but I may not have read as intently as I could have.) FWIW, I have the original prop valves in it, and noticed that the only time that the rears locked up prematurely for me was in a recent snow storm. We don't get that much snow, and I had to hammer the brakes pretty hard, so I'm not concerned.

Good Luck!

Greg
91 Jetta
82 1.8, rear-disc-brake-having-e-brake-working-later-body-style-sporting-Scirocco.

(Wow, look at that grammar checker go nuts!)