RE: [help][brakes]urgent

Shawn wrote:

Did you adjust the length of the "P" brake cables?

Yes

Whats the thickness of the rear rotors? That will have an effect on the
brake system.

Not sure, but don't believe they are shot.

Im not familiar with the procedure for bleeding the rear brakes on a 16V
but doesn't it require the prop valve set wide open or something like
that?

[jb]  If so, how do you do this?  I know I didn't write this post, but I am
having the exact same problems as this person except my brakes work fine.
 I can't get that damn e-brake to work.  I don't know if my rear brakes are
working (I will check), I don't think they are working very well.  I have
tried to adjust the e-brake cabel before, both at the grip and at the
caliber.  Is there anyway that I can verify whether or not my calibers have
seized or not?

John
80 Scirocco S
85 GTI (with non functioning e-brake)