Re: 16V manifold question

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998 19:01:10 -0800 the mad bastard <stoopid@idirect.com>
writes:

>    Alright, try number two here.  Can anyone tell me if the  exhaust
>manifold from a 16V Jetta and Golf will fit onto the 16V Scirocco?
>thanks
>
>jason
>the mad bastard

I tried to answer you last time, but my e-mail server is giving me fits.
I don't think that anyone has answered you yet, so here it goes.

NO!   They are totally different.  The exits are offset on different
sides for the A2's and A1's.
I am sure of this because I worked at a VW/AUDI garage for about 6 years
and I have seen many of both manifolds.  I have also been asked that
guestion many times, and tried it out myself.

Todd J.
shikaroka@juno.com
82 Scirocco 16V (highly modified)
87 GTI G60