Re: 16V manifold question

In a message dated 1/18/98 8:36:21 AM Pacific Standard Time,
shikaroka@juno.com writes:

> >TB..... snipped
> >Reasonable?  How much of the A2 series can I graft onto an A1?
>  >
>  >'Tanks in advance,
>  >TBerk
>
>  I don't believe that any exhaust part from an A2 will fit on (in) an A1.
>  Sciroccos have even changed exhaust designs over the years.
>  I do know that Techtonics Tuning does make a stainless system for 75-81
>  Sciroccos.
>  I would suggest the older style dual downpipe (probably the one you have)
>  with the 2 inch aluminized or stainless system from TT. It is a very good
>  system.
>  Todd J.
>  shikaroka@juno.com

Thx Tod,

As it turns out I bought this thing with a header on it. No flex joint built
in. With the seemingly worn motor mounts allowing the engine to flex the
exhaust so much, I can't keep the sections tight. So I'm left with a loud,
leaky, exhaust setup. Surprised it hasn't cracked somewhere already.

I'll look into the Stainless for the early series, The first lead I've heard
of for that age car.

General comments on recent topic: Deciphering A1,A2,A3

I drive an '81 Scirocco, A1, Mk1. If I ran an '82 it would be an A1, Mk2.
Don't have a cow. Peace to all of differing opinions. Having A1=Mk1 and A2=Mk2
is ridiculous. It is up to us humans to define what we will, If it (the
standard) didn't start out that way, then that beginning is a footnote now and
we press on. That's how it is to me.

Love, peace, and bearing grease,
TBerk