Re: Next set of Problems!

On Fri, 16 Jan 1998 23:08:28 -0500 Jim Buck <vwpride@mixi.net> writes:

>Probably the air leak on the manifold side of the head (flexjoint) was
>allowing false air to be drawn in on the intake stroke, causing a faulty
>reading at the O2 sensor.  Can't wait to fix mine.  BTW, I have what I
>believe is the lowest price for the downpipe/cat for 16v Scirocco -
>$350, direct from Ansa.  OEM is $830.  Contact me if you're
>interested.
>
>Jim

I can confirm that a crack in the downpipe CAN and WILL make the car run
bad. The left pipe (Driver side) of my dual downpipe cracked right at the
flange that bolts to the exhaust manifold. It was fully cracked 355
degrees by the time I finally removed it. It sure ran like crap! Keep in
mind that this is on an 8V and not a 16V but the same thing would happen
if it were a 16V.
HTH!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and