Re: Fuel mixture thing

Miles Lott wrote:

> I was wondering if my last post made it to the list?
> I went in depth on my understanding of the fuel management on
> the 8V and possibly the 16V VW engines...
>
> Anyway, the signal feeding the DPR is definitely pulse-width modulated
> (a square wave of varying duty-cycle.)
>
> TTYS

I thought I replied? well maybe not :)  Anyway, CIS-E is a bit different
from CIS,  It uses alot more electronics (The E stands for electronic,
you
probably know that) then CIS,  On CIS-E there is a thermo switch and a
temp sensor, I don't know if CIS has a temp sensor for this purpos, does
it?  CIS-E uses it along with the OXS sensor to tweek the mix.
either way it should not really matter because the method we (TT, Brett
and I) are using does not modify the DPR directly (like the Autotech, I
think) but instead it makes the engine seem colder via the temp sensor
and the computer pumps up the DPR (you know all this from the other
posts so I'll shut up about it :).  I did find your post very
interesting,
I'll let you know what I turn up when I get into designing the thing.

TTYL
Etrik