RE: chassis designations - decipher please. (a1,a2,a3..)

Paul wrote:

Hehehe, I just love rattling everyones cage. ;-)  BTW:  It is actually
LESS key strokes to use SI & SII (you lose the 'k' in a Scirocco I).
Also, most vendor catalogs use this notation.

I should have used this list for my Psych research/papers when I was
going to school for Psychology.  Reasearch paper title "People set in
their ways" :-)

[jb] I don't usually respond to posts of this sort, but I'm not in a great
mood and found this statement somewhat offensive.  I'm not sure why this is
so, yet that's the way it is.  On this list and in my everyday discussions
of VW's and Sciroccos I use the following STANDARD:

A1 - Chassis Platform
Mk1 & Mk2 - Body Style

This has nothing to do with something so petty as keystrokes, nor does it
have to do with some close minded notion of being "set in my ways."  It has
to do with having a STANDARD so that we are better able to understand each
other.  When I say Mk1, Shawn knows exactly what I am talking about.  When
someone says A1 when in reality he is talking about the earlier body style
(up to '81) there is confusion.  I particularly do not care to spend any
more time than necessary trying to figure out what someone is talking
about.  I am patient, but when I see posts that try to undermine this
STANDARD it sort of pisses me off because of the degenerative effects it
has (i.e. - posts asking what the heck you are talking about).  I do not
believe I am in the minority here.  This list is mainly for sharing a
common bond and helping each other.  Let's try to make this as
uncomplicated and understandable as possible.

John
80 Scirocco S - Mk1