Rim Help

Okay so here is my story.  I was driving to work Monday morning and it was 20 below, 60 with the wind and I blew my front drivers side tire.  So here I am stuck on top of a bridge with my tire shot and all I could smell was rubber, knew right away what it was.  Ended up calling my uncle and he helped me put my spare on which was also very flat.  So I drove it straight to Tires Plus and lugged my whole wheel in there to show them what my problem was.  To make a long story short my tire had a gash in it and I cracked the rim.  The rim could not be fixed or so they said I thought it really wasn't all that bad but what do I know.  So meanwhile I am freakin' out wondering how much all this is going to cost!  The guy I think is having troubles finding a rim.  The price he gave me was $225.00 for a used clear coated one.  Is that a good price?  What should I do?  Right now I have this spare on from a Rabbit and it looks awful, and it is a 13" when I have 14".  I just want my car to be fixed that is all!  Right now I am only driving it at night so no one will see my wheel!  Just kidding!  But if anyone has any suggestions it would be very much appreciated!  Thank you so much!!!

Carrie Ann :)
'87 Scirocco 16V

application/ms-tnef