Re: Fuel Enrichment Device

Etop Udoh wrote:

> > I've been studying the Bentley manual, and the EC article on the Techtonics
> > Tuning CIS-E fuel enrichment device.  I'm more than 90% of the way into
> > reverse engineering it.  (I'm an engineer by trade, so I feel qualified
> > in using such statements :-) )  What I've got left to learn is whether or
> > not the cold running enrichment is put on a duty cycle by the OX sensor
> > control module, which sends the signals to the control pressure regulator.
> > If it is, I believe that I can beat it by doing my own timed cycle, which
> > would reset the systems' duty cycle.  Well, I don't even know if it's
> > going to be a problem yet.  I can you this though, the TT module doesn't
> > address it if it is an issue.
> >
> > Anyway, if I'm successful, and I can assemble some for a reasonable cost,
> > would any of you be interested?  I'm thinking that I could do an adjustable
> > version for not much more, but I'd have to make sure the potentiometer I
> > used was precise and stable.  I can tell you though that it wouldn't be
> > worth a $100 more. :-)
> >
> > I may just publish the specifications on my web site, whenever THAT becomes
> > a reality.

Ahh yes,  I was thinking of doing this myself,  The way I saw it,  the
only
thing the module is doing is changin the current comming from the temp
sensor
on the side of the block, this "tricks" the computer into thinking the
engine
is colder that it really is, which then enriches the mix.  If you have
the EC
then you have the numbers (18.5mA or something?) So all you "should"
have to
do is make the computer see XXMa when the full throttle switch is
pressed.
I have heard the TT module is nothing more than a relay and a resistor!
(the resistor is replaced by a pot for the $225 adjustable one).  This
project should cost no more than $25 (If it works how I think it works).

Heres how I worked it,

 |----------|/|------------>To ECU
 |               |
 |              ---
 S              ---
 |               |
 |----------|/|------------>To ECU

S = Temp sensor
R = Resistor
|/| = Normally closed contacts
| | = Normally open

The logic,

Full throttle switch is closed,
NC contacts are broken
NO are closed
ECU now sees preset current decided by fixed resistor value.

Simple, no?  The only problem is there is no way to really
test it, unless it makes a fairly big difference.

Let me know what you come up with.

TTYL
Etrik