Re: SV: [engine] Cracked head???

At 10:16 AM 1/13/98 +0100, you wrote:
>If you have the 12-point headbolts you can reuse them without problems,
>it's the 6-point that always should be changed.
>
>Roland Johansson
>Scirocco 1,6l TIC -82

Nope, sorry man, it's definately the 12-pt you have to throw out! I just
did it a week ago! :)
Check yer Bently

Shawn: When I got my headbolts last week, 8 had washers and 2 were kinda
tapered near the head w/o washers.. wierd, so I just pulled 2 washers off
my old ones and slathered em all with anti-sieze.
hehe, i HATE that last 180 degree turn! I do em in 2 90 degree but it
scares the hell out of me.
 I want to take a junk motor and see how far one would actually crank down
before it snapped! :)

Kevin Fry
81 Scirocco S