Front Suspension Advice....Arrrggg.

    My drivers side strut has finally given up. I knew it was going to
happen sooner or later.   I was  wondering if anyone could give me some
advice on new struts.  I was looking at the Boge Turbogas cartriges.  I
live in northern Ontario.  The roads are darn terrible.  And thats in
the summer.  Are they going to be too stiff?  I don't mind a stiffer
ride....just as long as it doesn't bottom out on every frost heave, and
pothole.

   Actually if anyone has a set of struts and springs that they want to
part with I'd love to hear from you.  I've got an '87 8V Scirocco.

Sean.